Welcome to the website of the Information Security and Privacy (ISP) Lab at UNIL-HEC Lausanne! The lab is headed by Prof. Kévin Huguenin. The current research interest of the lab is in security and privacy in mobile (social) networks, with a special emphasis on the human and social aspects. We are particularly interested in interdisciplinary research projects on privacy, at the frontier between computer science and social sciences (incl. law, economics and sociology) and/or medicine (mHealth, genomics, medical databases). The current activities focus mainly on the exploration of the privacy / utility trade-off in location-based and activity-based online social networks.
- 2018/08: Our article on checksums for secure web downloads has been accepted to the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS)! ( try it out or watch the short demo)
- 2018/08: Welcome to Didier who just started as a research engineer in the lab!
- 2018/03 Together with Muriel Bochud (CHUV-IUMSP), Mathias Humbert (SDSC) and Michael Schumacher (HES-SO Sierre), we received funding for 2 years from the Fondation Leenaards to work on privacy in personalized medicine.
- 2018/03 Together with Jean-Pierre Hubaux (EPFL), we received funding for 3 years from the Swiss National Science Foundation to work on privacy in life-style tracking device and applications.
- 2018/04: Our article on privacy-preserving carpooling has been accepted to the ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec). Congratulations Ulrich!
- 2018/03: Our article on the incentives for security information sharing has been accepted to the Workshop on the Economics of Information Security (WEIS). Congratulations Alain!
- 2018/02: Welcome to Benjamin who just started a PhD in the lab!
- 2017/11: Our article on consensual and privacy-preserving sharing of multi-subject personal data has been accepted to the Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS). Congratulations Alexandra! ( Coverage: HEC Lausanne, ICTjournal)
- 2017/08: Our article on the utility implications of privacy protection mechanisms in location check-ins has been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing!
- 2017/05: Our article on private, yet accountable, ride-hailing has been accepted to the USENIX Security Symposium. Congratulations Anh! ( Coverage: EPFL, HEC Lausanne, Wired, …)
- 2017/03: Our article on automatic runtime-permissions for Android has been accepted to the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P). Congratulations Kasia!
- 2016/11: The Information Security and Privacy Lab is born; Prof. Kévin Huguenin joined the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Lausanne (HEC Lausanne)! [link]
Université de Lausanne
Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC Lausanne)
Internef 138.3 (map)
+41 (0)21 692 34 29